Questions about the Rules Preview

Rules and games of 1650

Re: Questions about the Rules Preview

Notapor Sergus » Lun Feb 18, 2013 12:32 pm

Think, for example, that one of your pawns looses in a clash, and it's pushed back. Well, maybe it will enters the Action Area of another pawn, without engaging it. It's the kind of situations described in that sentence.

The second sentence says that your pawn can make an Attack of Opportunity, even if its weapon hasn't got Range. It isn't limiting the ranged cc weapons to make Attacks of Opportuinity.
Sergus

Estado: Desconectado

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Lun Feb 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Sergus escribió:Think, for example, that one of your pawns looses in a clash, and it's pushed back. Well, maybe it will enters the Action Area of another pawn, without engaging it. It's the kind of situations described in that sentence.

But don't the pushes ignore attacks of opportunity?

The second sentence says that your pawn can make an Attack of Opportunity, even if its weapon hasn't got Range. It isn't limiting the ranged cc weapons to make Attacks of Opportuinity.

Ah, OK. I suggest re-wording it a bit, then, since now I understood it to mean that the range of melee weapons isn't used.

I wish to stress that I'm not trying to be willfully obtuse or annoying, just considering people who read the rules without the benefit of having seen them in action.
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Sergus » Lun Feb 18, 2013 7:33 pm

Lemminkäinen escribió:
Sergus escribió:Think, for example, that one of your pawns looses in a clash, and it's pushed back. Well, maybe it will enters the Action Area of another pawn, without engaging it. It's the kind of situations described in that sentence.

Eh?

Lemminkäinen escribió:
Sergus escribió:The second sentence says that your pawn can make an Attack of Opportunity, even if its weapon hasn't got Range. It isn't limiting the ranged cc weapons to make Attacks of Opportuinity.

Ah, OK. I suggest re-wording it a bit, then, since now I understood it to mean that the range of melee weapons isn't used.

I wish to stress that I'm not trying to be willfully obtuse or annoying, just considering people who read the rules without the benefit of having seen them in action.

No, no, it's good to do so. In Spanish was clear ( I hope XD ), but in English it could be ore confussing. How would you write it?
Sergus

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Lun Feb 18, 2013 9:12 pm

Sergus escribió:
Lemminkäinen escribió:

Eh?

Page 23: "When pushing back, the attack of opportunity rule is ignored."

Lemminkäinen escribió:
Sergus escribió:The second sentence says that your pawn can make an Attack of Opportunity, even if its weapon hasn't got Range. It isn't limiting the ranged cc weapons to make Attacks of Opportuinity.

No, no, it's good to do so. In Spanish was clear ( I hope XD ), but in English it could be ore confussing. How would you write it?

I'm suddenly a bit uncertain about Action Areas, in fact, which might actually be the real origin of my confusion. Action Area is 5cm no matter whether the model's melee weapon has range or not. So does that mean that everyone can make an Attack of Opportunity to an enemy model who comes to within the 5 cm Action Area and then leaves (no matter their melee range)?

Because if this is true, then I understand the paragraph and its not confusing, actually.

I did notice a typo on page 17. The title reads "Inmediate Target" when it should be "Immediate Target".
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Vie Feb 22, 2013 11:24 am

Lemminkäinen escribió:Page 23: "When pushing back, the attack of opportunity rule is ignored."

Actually, it just occurred to me - does this just mean that the models taking part in the clash and being pushed don't generate attacks of opportunity on one another but if they pass by other models, attacks of opportunity would be generated? In that case, it should probably be spelled out somehow.
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Vie Mar 08, 2013 3:04 pm

I wish to pester you again one this. :D

1) So, do you get an attack of opportunity if an enemy model comes within your action area (5cm in the front arc) and then leaves without coming into base to base contact?

2) What part of the attack of opportunity rules is ignored when pushing back? Is it only that the pawns pushed don't get to make attacks of opportunity, but other models can do those to them? In other words, if you get pushed near an unengaged enemy pawn, does it get an attack of opportunity?
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Surien » Vie Mar 08, 2013 4:31 pm

Lemminkäinen escribió:I wish to pester you again one this. :D

1) So, do you get an attack of opportunity if an enemy model comes within your action area (5cm in the front arc) and then leaves without coming into base to base contact?

Yes. If a model enter, leaves or passes your action area without engaging, your pawn gets an oportunity attack. In this case the enemy passes trough the area without engaging so yes ;).

Lemminkäinen escribió:2) What part of the attack of opportunity rules is ignored when pushing back? Is it only that the pawns pushed don't get to make attacks of opportunity, but other models can do those to them? In other words, if you get pushed near an unengaged enemy pawn, does it get an attack of opportunity?

I have the same doubt! I supose models in close combate, can't be targeted by an oportunity attack, but I'm not 100% sure.
Surien

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Vie Mar 08, 2013 6:12 pm

Surien escribió:Yes. If a model enter, leaves or passes your action area without engaging, your pawn gets an oportunity attack. In this case the enemy passes trough the area without engaging so yes ;).

Thank you! That is how I thought it would be but good to have confirmation :)
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Sergus » Lun Mar 11, 2013 12:14 pm

Surien escribió:
Lemminkäinen escribió:2) What part of the attack of opportunity rules is ignored when pushing back? Is it only that the pawns pushed don't get to make attacks of opportunity, but other models can do those to them? In other words, if you get pushed near an unengaged enemy pawn, does it get an attack of opportunity?

I have the same doubt! I supose models in close combate, can't be targeted by an oportunity attack, but I'm not 100% sure.

The whole rule is ignored. No pawn pushing back, or being pushed back, can be the taget of an attack of opportunity. They simply move and nothing else happen.
Sergus

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Lun Mar 11, 2013 1:11 pm

Sergus escribió:The whole rule is ignored. No pawn pushing back, or being pushed back, can be the taget of an attack of opportunity. They simply move and nothing else happen.

Thank you! Very clear 8-)
Lemminkäinen

Anterior

Volver a IN GAME