Questions about the Rules Preview

Rules and games of 1650

Re: Questions about the Rules Preview

Notapor Ninja » Jue Feb 07, 2013 7:23 pm

NO it destroyed my example when I submitted it!!!!!
Ninja

Estado: Desconectado

Notapor Sergus » Jue Feb 07, 2013 9:21 pm

If I understand you, your're saying the explosion would be the important point, from where you have to see if cover is taken into account, isn't it?
Sergus

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Vie Feb 08, 2013 11:22 am

Thank you! This is very enlightening!
Sergus escribió:
Lemminkäinen escribió:1) If a pawn has a melee weapon with Range, what happens in the following situation
ABC
So A has a ranged melee weapon and is engaged by pawn B in base to base. Pawn C, an ally of B and opponent of A, is within the range of A's melee weapon but is effectively blocked by B. Can A attack C? What if they aren't perfectly aligned but C is still in the same facing as B so they can't move to engage but are within a clash with A?

We answered that question in the Spanish forum ( our bad it isn't translated ¬¬ ). You can't fight throw a miniature. No matter if you have a cc weapon with Range value, the miniature in the middle is stopping the one with the ranged weapon.

What if the situation looks like this:
Imagen

B isn't blocking C completely from the angry A, but is it enough to disallow A hitting C?

Sergus escribió:
Lemminkäinen escribió:9) "Also, if you throw a grenado and the objective is 15cm beyond its Range, you will automatically fail the Discharge roll."

Does this mean that you can throw grenades up to 15cm over their maximum range?

No. Why? o_0

It says "15cm beyond its Range" which I took to mean that 15cm over the Range in the weapon stats.

Page 13, Charging

10) Engaging with a charge has the restriction that "The pawns don't turn during this route" - can they turn before the charge or does it need to be made in the direction they were facing when beginning the activation?

Page 14, Engaging several pawns

11) Do the enemies need to be perfectly aligned or is it enough to touch them both and they they align to the attacker? Like this:

Imagen
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Ninja » Vie Feb 08, 2013 4:32 pm

Sergus escribió:If I understand you, your're saying the explosion would be the important point, from where you have to see if cover is taken into account, isn't it?

Correct! :)
Ninja

Notapor Sergus » Mar Feb 12, 2013 9:15 am

Lemminkäinen escribió:1) If a pawn has a melee weapon with Range, what happens in the following situation
ABC
So A has a ranged melee weapon and is engaged by pawn B in base to base. Pawn C, an ally of B and opponent of A, is within the range of A's melee weapon but is effectively blocked by B. Can A attack C? What if they aren't perfectly aligned but C is still in the same facing as B so they can't move to engage but are within a clash with A?

It's the same than when using distance weapons. If you have a pawn in the middle, you can't shoot the one behind him. Well, here you couldn't hit C, because B is a closer enemy. No matter if there is a place for your weapon. You have another pawn in front of you.

Other case would be if no one of them would be behind the other, in which case you could choose your target among them.

Lemminkäinen escribió:It says "15cm beyond its Range" which I took to mean that 15cm over the Range in the weapon stats.

You might be reading an older document. In the rules ( I have the final rulebook in front of me, right now ;] ) if you throw a grenade beyond its Range, you automatically fail.

Lemminkäinen escribió:10) Engaging with a charge has the restriction that "The pawns don't turn during this route" - can they turn before the charge or does it need to be made in the direction they were facing when beginning the activation?

They can turn at the beginning ( in fact, it's in the final rules ).

Lemminkäinen escribió:11) Do the enemies need to be perfectly aligned or is it enough to touch them both and then they align to the attacker?

I'd say you have to align them, but it depends on the miniature XD
Sergus

Notapor Surien » Mar Feb 12, 2013 10:40 am

Sergus escribió:
Lemminkäinen escribió:
Lemminkäinen escribió:10) Engaging with a charge has the restriction that "The pawns don't turn during this route" - can they turn before the charge or does it need to be made in the direction they were facing when beginning the activation?

They can turn at the beginning ( in fact, it's in the final rules ).

Uhmmm good point!! I've been playing wrong till now, thinking I was able to engage while charging, only pawns in the initial facing in this turn.

Thanks!
Surien

Notapor Sergus » Mar Feb 12, 2013 11:18 am

Yeah, but don't forget you can't engage a pawn which wasn't in your Line of Sight since the beginning. That turn at the beginning is only for engaging by Approach more easily.
Sergus

Notapor Surien » Mar Feb 12, 2013 12:04 pm

Sergus escribió:Yeah, but don't forget you can't engage a pawn which wasn't in your Line of Sight since the beginning. That turn at the beginning is only for engaging by Approach more easily.

Yep, that was another thing we've been doing wrong in our Militia ;).
Surien

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Jue Feb 14, 2013 2:39 pm

Thank you for the clarifications! Much appreciated :) And the new version of the rulebook you made available seems to include quite a few clarifications from a quick glance.

What's the "deadline" for checking the new rules so that you can still incorporate any suggestions? I'm a bit swamped at work but would love to check them at least a bit so I'm wondering how I should allocate my time.
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Sergus » Jue Feb 14, 2013 6:12 pm

I've got the print proof in my hands right now ( Jealous? :twisted: ). I'll be reading and editing the last fails till Sunday, so we can start to produce them all next week.
Sergus

AnteriorSiguiente

Volver a IN GAME