Some notes on the new Personalities

Rules and games of 1650

Some notes on the new Personalities

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Mié Jul 17, 2013 12:21 pm

Some very interesting rules and it's fun to see the painted minis. Good stuff.

I will make note of a couple of minor typos and ask some clarifications, if I may.

First, Gentilhombre:

The first sentence under Influential has some grammatical mistakes.

How about something like this:
"Any active pawn within 5cm of Gentilhombre may perform an Audacity roll. If successful, Gentilhombre will join the band of the pawn."

As a question - do opposing pawns get to make the influence rolls if Gentilhombre has already been influenced to the other side? Meaning does he change allegiances constantly or just once per game?

Second, El Moro:

His weapon should be Poison Dagger or, better yet, Poisoned Dagger.

As for his In Media Res ability - is he really place by the opponent? Also, does "as close as possible of his deployment area" (should be "to his deployment area", btw) contain the actual deployment area? Mean that he should be placed in the opponent's deployment area if possible?

Have to say that I love his rules, btw. Very, very cool!
Lemminkäinen

Estado: Desconectado

Re: Some notes on the new Personalities

Notapor Sergus » Mié Jul 17, 2013 1:51 pm

We couldn't send them for editing, because we were in a hurry, but we'll do it for next book. It will be more clear next time ( and maybe with changes, if people try them ).

Lemminkäinen escribió:Do opposing pawns get to make the influence rolls if Gentilhombre has already been influenced to the other side? Meaning does he change allegiances constantly or just once per game?

He changes every time somebody convince him XD

Lemminkäinen escribió:As for his In Media Res ability - is he really place by the opponent? Also, does "as close as possible of his deployment area" (should be "to his deployment area", btw) contain the actual deployment area? Mean that he should be placed in the opponent's deployment area if possible?

It might be placed by the opponent, out of his deployment area, but close. It's for represent that the Conflict starts when El Moro is running away with those Maravedies he has just rob to the enemy Leader.
Sergus

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Sab Ago 03, 2013 2:55 pm

Just read the Dies Irae preview on Irene and El Ambajador (from here) and have a couple of questions.

On Irene's band, Strange Circumstances disallows the hiring of Mercenaries but her Orderly allows hiring pawns from any faction - can she hire mercs (if they have a pay of more than 20 Maravedies and Incentive 2 or less)?

Also, what does Money Talks mean? I suggest rewriting it because right now I can't make sense of it. Does it give her a free Curtido or Puyo? And if so, wow - that's huge. But also somewhat dependent on the game size. I mean, in 200 points that's gigantic, in 400 not quite as huge.

Have to say that she is one mean shot, btw. Scared of her already :lol:
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Sergus » Sab Ago 03, 2013 4:47 pm

Yeah, she can hire A Mercenary, but only one.

That's exactly what she does: She gets a Puyo or Curtido for free. As you say, for little commissions, it's really good.
Sergus

Volver a IN GAME