Printed rulebook - IDEAS

Rules and games of 1650

Printed rulebook - IDEAS

Notapor Sergus » Vie Ago 24, 2012 11:35 pm

We're finishing some more rules for adding to the printed rulebook, as rules for playing alone, or rules for explorers, but, as campaign is going so well, maybe we'll be able to add some more pages. That way, we want you to tell us what would you like to see in the printed rulebook. For example, I don't know... rules for destroying scenery, or robbing to dead pawns...
Sergus

Estado: Desconectado

Re: Printed rulebook - IDEAS

Notapor cymruvoodoo » Sab Ago 25, 2012 2:56 am

Well, I would love to see rules for "noncombat" pawns who don't carry weapons, or don't carry obvious weapons, whose job is to distract pawns. The typical pretty girl with a low-cut top who keeps the guards' eyes off the people sneaking into the building, or people who start a fight to get the bouncers to come throw them out instead of guarding the back room.
cymruvoodoo

Notapor Sergus » Sab Ago 25, 2012 9:33 am

Those are the Antagonists XD In fact, the last one released, the Picaro, is a boy who rob the Maravedies to other pawns and call them for automatic activation.
Sergus

Notapor cymruvoodoo » Sab Ago 25, 2012 2:16 pm

See, there we go. Now that's what I call customer service!

But seriously, other ideas - cannon? It would be very expensive and have to be one of the more primitive early brass jobbies made in bell foundries, but it could be very cool to have either side bring one of their rare and expensive cannon out to shell part of the town.

It might also be nice to see some rules for, say, formations, like pike row or what have you. These would be general game rules, such that people with weapons of a certain type who are base to base facing the same direction can try to form a pike wall to resist being charged.
cymruvoodoo

Notapor Sergus » Sab Ago 25, 2012 4:20 pm

You can only contract 2 pawns of same type. 2 pawns make a pike wall? XD

About cannon, surely the Personality created by Ninja for the Stories Competiton will have one. A little one, that's sure, but a cannon, after all.

In Spanish subforum, people had the idea to do a weather table. It's something really usual,and you don't change the rules of the bands. Thsoe are the things I was talking about.
Sergus

Notapor cymruvoodoo » Sab Ago 25, 2012 11:54 pm

Surely more than one pawn type would have the same weapon. What about a spear-armed personality and two pawns with spears? Three abreast is more than enough to block a narrow street.

As for the idea for weather, that sounds good. If that was more what you wanted in the way of suggestions then what about gypsy fortunetelling? You contract a gypsy fortuneteller and he or she can then read the future of d6 of your pawns before the game begins. This lets them have one reroll extra in the battle, from knowing the future?

Honestly, I'd have to play around with the system more to really say what was missing. I don't know whether I'd rather it got more narrative or more strategic in the "enhanced edition" of the rulebook.
cymruvoodoo

Notapor Sergus » Dom Ago 26, 2012 12:52 pm

Yeah, but it would make too similar to an army, and the idea is they are duelists who fight in the streets.

A fortune teller would be an Antagonist XD

Another rules we had prepared was for creating your own pawn. That would be a real Additional rule.
Sergus

Notapor Ninja » Mar Ago 28, 2012 5:39 pm

Calvary or mounted models would be SWEET. Please include mounted and unmounted versions of the same model. I know when I ask you to sculpt some I will want it. :D
Ninja

Notapor Marco » Lun Sep 03, 2012 8:47 pm

Maybe rules of campaign, with a system of experience, and management of the black powder & ammunitions, gains of maravedies; a map of the city with special rules according to the districts where the confrontations takes place?
Marco

Notapor Sergus » Lun Sep 03, 2012 9:58 pm

Ninja, Ezipion was thinking in killing all horses in Iberia, but maybe the Gauls...

Marco, we're preparing rules for doing your own pawns, and an experience system for making them advance, so we think the same ;]
Sergus

Siguiente

Volver a IN GAME