Need Clarification/What is Dies Irae?

Lastest news and general topics

Need Clarification/What is Dies Irae?

Notapor PhineusPhule » Mié Sep 11, 2013 9:29 pm

Greetings all. PhineusPhule here. My first post to this forum and I'm looking for some clarification about the game. I've been aware of 1650 for awhile and love the quality of the miniatures but haven't taken the plunge, yet. When I first saw some of the teaser/descriptions for Dies Irae it immediately brought to mind comparisons with Claustrophobia, a board game I absolutely love. Reading the description on the IndieGoGo page seems to indicate a combination skirmish game /board game. Will the book give details on modeling your own underground labyrinth or is there an actual board game planned, ala Claustrophobia, which will include said underground board?

For those who have tried 1650, what do you think of it? My gaming tastes tend to run more to the European and obscure(at least here in the States anyway). I actively play Hell Dorado, Alkemy, Freebooters Fate, and much of the Spartan line. Would 1650 suit my taste? Thanks in advance for your feedback, I'm looking forward to hearing it.
PhineusPhule

Estado: Desconectado

Re: Need Clarification/What is Dies Irae?

Notapor Sergus » Jue Sep 12, 2013 2:13 am

Hello, PhineusPhule,

Dies Irae is the name of expansion books for 1650. BUT one of the steps of our Indiegogo crowdfunding is to do a Dies Irae boardgame. With board, figures, rulebook, maybe scenery... All in same box.

About 1650... If you have played Helldorado, you'd like 1650. Although here you won't find demons ;]
Sergus

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Dom Sep 15, 2013 7:53 am

Here's a link to my little review of 1650: http://www.dragonpainting.org/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=4156
Lemminkäinen

Notapor PhineusPhule » Lun Sep 30, 2013 4:53 am

Great review Lemminkäinen.

Upon checking out the (now concluded) Indie GoGo campaign I'm given the impression that this is the second campaign and there may be a 3rd in the future. The idea of a miniature based board game is what initially really drew me to the game and it appears that it will be promoted in the 3rd wave/3rd Indie campaign. Can anyone confirm that's correct?
PhineusPhule

Notapor Sergus » Vie Oct 18, 2013 12:31 pm

Well, first we'll have to finsihed/release the whole stuff of this last crowdfunding, but yes, maybe in a future will make a crowdfunding only for the boardgame.
Sergus

Volver a GENERAL