A Wish List

Lastest news and general topics

A Wish List

Notapor cymruvoodoo » Sab Jul 14, 2012 8:09 pm

I see there has been some discussion of this over on the ES side of the forums but I thought I'd throw something up here as a starting point for those who don't read/write Spanish or would prefer to operate in English out of comfort. I like the look of the different "locals" models such as the deserter and the thief, which is no more than I would expect given the quality of the Pawn models. In particular, I think the sculptors for Tercio Creativo do a fantastic job with volumes of cloth, which a lot of other miniature sculptors have problems with. I also think there's a very appealing sense of motion to these models. Combine that with the character of the figures, the sense of personality, and I would really like to see a Tercio Creativo take on:

1. A doctor/natural philosopher - This would be a type of scholarly figure, likely a middle aged man, with specimen jars, a field notebook, and possibly a butterfly net. My thought here is that there is a lot of the miniatures have such great character but it's a very one-dimensional slice of 17th century Spanish urban life. In game, the Natural Philosopher would be a very absent-minded figure, perhaps any Pawn in base contact could try to get him to patch up some lost vigour or borrow his spyglass to make a more accurate Discharge?

2. An artist - I think a painter and a sculptor both would be good. I am not sure how it would work in game but I think that models for this would be very nifty.

3. A whore/lady of ill repute - On this, I think a two pack of one street/brothel whore and one noble courtesan would be a great way to add more character to the game. This could even be something for each faction to have, the Old Purples get Camp Followers with small knives and some sort of Seduce ability while the Guard of Ysbilia get Courtesans with small pistols and, again the Seduce ability. Plus, after seeing models like the Zurriago, the Picaro, and others, I am convinced that a Tercio Creativo attempt at making whores/courtesans/camp followers would be incredibly characterful and very fun.

4. A merchant - There's so many stereotypes which could be played off of for a merchant that I think it would be great to have one included as another one of the locals.
cymruvoodoo

Estado: Desconectado

Re: A Wish List

Notapor Sergus » Sab Jul 14, 2012 11:35 pm

Mmm... We have been thinking in sculpting Lope de Vega, Quevedo, or another artist of those ages, but it's difficult to get time for doing it ( it's allways the same problem ).

One of the Personalities which will be done soon is a prostitute. Luana. We might started it this week, but things have been a bit busy this days. Anyway, she will be done soon.

And the merchant is another good idea. I thought in making a dwarf, for doing it more ridiculous, but, again, time isn't enough. In fact, I have had 2 models sculpted by Julen Galparsoro, almost ready for being casted, for months, but htey need little repairs... And time is passing.

If I can finish a comission this weekend, and start a new pair, I hope to start/finish something for Tercio Creativo next week. :ugeek:
Sergus

Notapor cymruvoodoo » Dom Jul 15, 2012 3:59 am

To have Lope de Vega would be very cool. I'm glad to hear you all have thought of that and are on top of it. I wonder what he'd do, though...

Ah well. That's a discussion for another day, I expect. Nothing wrong with them keeping you busy. I'm also glad to hear you're ahead of me on the prostitute and the merchant both. I hope at least one of them is done before the end of the crowdfunding venture because I personally would like to see that made an additional option on there. Good luck getting the sculpting commissions done. What other sorts of locals have you got in mind? For whom will Lope de Vega and Luana eventually work, or will they both be mercenaries like the Padre?
cymruvoodoo

Notapor Sergus » Dom Jul 15, 2012 10:58 am

Oh, yeah, we have to finish more figures for the crowdfunding. That's allways good for "calling" people. ;]

Luana will be a Mercenary who will be able to be contracted for any band. Maybe Lope. But I think the merchant will be an Antagonist.
Sergus

Notapor cymruvoodoo » Dom Jul 15, 2012 3:26 pm

Well I like the sound of that, then. Here's hoping you all get free time to sculpt!

In other fronts, a few more suggestions:

A town watchman or guard with a lantern. I like working with OSL, even though I'm not great at it, and I love the effects it can produce.

A fop or dandy, some court nobody with a little too much money who has no business getting caught in the streets (and who is likely going to come to a bad end. Perhaps he could be an antagonist that any Pawn nearby has to try and beat up, even though he can't fight back, but that Pawn gets 1d3 maravedies if it succeeds?)

A midwife, perhaps for the Old Purples, who can dispense herbs and folk remedies to the injured.
cymruvoodoo

Notapor Sergus » Dom Jul 15, 2012 5:15 pm

Gentleman is another Antagonist planned. And Pica_Seca even showed us a concept for a guard with a lamp. Man, you're just having the same ideas we had. Looks like they were good ideas XD
Sergus

Notapor cymruvoodoo » Dom Jul 15, 2012 5:53 pm

Hey, I think that sounds like a great thing. Now time to sit back and wait, and see if anyone else comes up with good ideas!
cymruvoodoo

Volver a GENERAL