Lemm's Old Purples

Work showns

Lemm's Old Purples

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Sab Mar 22, 2014 7:25 pm

This is likely going to be a very slow-moving thread. The birth of my daughter kinda re-prioritized my schedule and unfortunately hobby time took quite a bit of a blow there. Coupled with the fact that I seem to be trying to paint something for a dozen or so minis games at the same time means that it will likely take a while until I have painted all of my 1650 minis.

Anyway, the minis themselves are just stunning. The quality is amazing the sculpts are jaw-droppingly gorgeous. This makes me on one hand enthusiastic but on the other kinda scared about painting them.

I began with my Recio. He seemed like a straightforward enough a sculpt. All the 1650 minis seem to favour very layered clothing which is very cool but sometimes makes me wonder whether I have interpreted the mini correctly. I decided to do a relatively down-to-earth palette but tried to avoid it becoming drab. Blue and purple as accent colours.

I was a bit lost about what to do with the blade - maybe I should've gone with NMM but I don't trust my skills there. Luckily in the photos the sword is blurry :lol:

Imagen

All comments are super welcome. We shall see when I manage to paint another one. Oh, and I need to fix that base edge (and mark the front as well).
Lemminkäinen

Estado: Desconectado

Re: Lemm's Old Purples

Notapor Sergus » Mar Mar 25, 2014 11:16 pm

That's a nice work. But don't forget to paint the cross ;]
Sergus

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Mié Mar 26, 2014 6:11 am

The cross?
Lemminkäinen

Notapor Sergus » Lun Mar 31, 2014 9:49 am

Yeah, the symbol of the tercios. On left leg.
Sergus

Notapor Lemminkäinen » Lun Mar 31, 2014 7:38 pm

Ah yeah, I painted the background black and the cross itself pale purple.

I'm currently painting the Zurriago. Understanding his clothing is surprisingly hard :shock:
Lemminkäinen

Volver a WORKSHOP